Slide 1 of 4
Slide 3 of 4
Slide 4 of 4
Your Browser Is No Longer Supported. Please use an alternative browser to improve your experience and security.
Why we make it lies at the heart of our mission. We’re a company of athletes and adventurers. We’re motivated by the richness and beauty of the natural world and the chance to experience it with others. But how do you outfit adventure seekers in their quest to explore the world’s highest peaks, map out first ascents, or venture off-trail without adversely affecting the environment? We do this by minimizing our impact on the planet and its resources, protecting wild places and wild creatures, and supporting scientists and researchers working to protect our planet.
In a world of global manufacturing, moving raw materials and finished goods from one location to another results in energy consumption and carbon release. In 2011, we launched a transportation-reduction initiative designed to reduce the miles that raw materials and products travel. We’ve since reduced our air shipments by 60 percent.
Marmot uses recyclable and reusable materials to keep waste to a minimum and reduce the impact of our packaging. Our in-store product tags are Forest Stewardship Council certified, which means at least 70 percent of the paper comes from FSC-certified forests, while the remaining 30 percent is sourced from controlled wood.